Comments are a great way to engage with your users and build a strong community of followers. Tiny hacks like comment redirect help you improve user experience and make your website stand out.
In this article, we will show you how to easily redirect your reader’s attention with comment redirect using Yoast Comment Hacks plugin.
First thing to do is activate the Yoast Comment Hacks plugin from your OPTe WordPress dashboard.
This plugin adds some small hacks around core WordPress comments to make them more bearable:
- Cleaner comment notification emails.
- The option to disallow comments below a certain length.
- The option to redirect first time commenters to a thank you page.
- An input field on the comment edit screen to change the comment parent ID.
- Links in the admin comments section to email individual commenters.
- A button in the WP toolbar to email all the commenters on a post.
- Adds a comment routing option. This adds a dropdown in a post’s discussion settings, allowing the routing of comment emails to another user.
Once activated, you need to visit Settings » Comment Hacks page to configure plugin settings.
To learn about all its features watch this tutorial video from wpbeginner.com
Right now we will focus on the comment redirect feature in the plugin. Go ahead and click on the ‘Comment Redirect’ tab on the settings page.
Here you need to select a page where you want your first time commenters to be redirected to. This could be a thank you page with an email signup form, landing page, special offer, or a specific lead magnet page.
Make sure to save your changes after selecting your page.
To see the comment redirect in action, you will need to be logged out of your WordPress site. I use Chrome’s incognito or Firefox’s private window so I stay logged in. After that go to any post on your website and leave a comment using a random name and email address.
You will be automatically redirected to your selected page when you submit the comment.
Creating A Beautiful Comment Redirect Page
Yoast Comment Hacks only redirects first time commenters. This means you only get one shot at converting those users and leaving a meaningful impression.
You can create a beautiful custom page using Divi Builder or Theme which is ready to go on OPTe Network. Divi comes with several ready to use layouts that will work perfectly for this purpose. There are many sites that provide Divi Layouts such as divithemeexamples.com
You also need to set a goal for your comment redirect page. This goal could be any task you would like to see the user perform. For example, buying a product, signing up for your email list, following you on social media, etc.
You can use OptinMonster to capture those leads. It is the best lead generation software that helps you convert abandoning visitors into subscribers and customers.
We hope this article helped you learn how to redirect your user’s attention with comment redirect in WordPress.
Latest posts by OPTe (see all)
- How to Redirect Your Reader’s Attention with Comment Redirect - June 1, 2017
- Sync and Mirror Your Divi Modules With Global Items - May 23, 2017